The Solar Eclipse will take place next Monday, August 21st. FLEC will adhere to the following Seminole County School guidelines:
1. ALL outdoor school activities will be moved indoors from 1:15 p.m. – 4:30
2. Aftercare will be inside until 4:30. Intramurals is CANCELLED.
3. FLEC will dismiss at 3:20, normal time, but will be doing a rainy day dismissal
4. Students will not be going to PE classes, music classes, etc. during this time.
5. FLEC can provide approved eclipse viewing glasses/viewing panels for students in grades 3-8 only. These students with a permission slip may use the FLEC glasses/panels under FLEC faculty supervision. Students will not view the eclipse for more than 10 minutes. (Permission slip attached)
6. Parents who wish to view the eclipse with their children may pick their children up from 12:30-2:30. This early pick-up will be excused.
7. We are encouraging teachers to use their classroom TV monitors to view the eclipse safely in their classrooms. It is important for parents to talk to your children and remind them never to look directly into the sun at any time or for any reason. Additional details for your review are available on NASA’s website: